Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What do you think of....

when you hear the words "crocheted tree?"  Well, for me, it makes me think of my crocheted Christmas tree decoration that sits on a shelf/table.  I have had it for more than 25 years and just love it.  This is not mine, but very similar...
Or it is possible you might think of this...

Okay, not really.  Who would really think of that?  I guess I could wear mine like that.  I think I will stick to my santa hat.  So I googled "crocheted trees" and here are some of the photos that popped up...
Nice wall hanging.
Cute earrings.
What I didn't expect to find were these...

Don't miss the teddy bear in this one...
This one is absolutely beautiful, but I cannot imagine the work that went into crocheting this tree.  And somehow, the house behind it, just doesn't seem to fit into the theme of the crocheted tree...
Just in case it gets cold, this tree will be kept warm.  You have to admit it looks like a big neck scarf, right?
But what made me even google "crocheted trees" in the first place is this photo...
It is in an email that is being sent around - one that has great pictures of scenery and you wonder where that photo was taken.  You get those emails, right?  Well, this photo was in one of those emails and I was intrigued by it.  I am really amazed at how much time and effort it would take to actually crochet a "neck scarf" (if you want to call it that) for a tree.  Plus, wouldn't you have to climb the tree, or stand on a ladder, to get up there.  Does it wear out some day and then you have to replace it?  Is it an art thing?  I guess it is.  Just something to think about today.

No comments: