Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Done! Done! DONE!

Yes, I am finally done with Kimberly's quilt.  I actually finished it last week and it turned out so beautiful.  I am extremely pleased with it.  You've seen it in pieces, here and there, but here's a re-cap and additional photos of my "journey" ...
You can see that I am using all of my concentration skills to work the quilting machine, intent on getting it done.  Here I am in action:
Now ... the finished quilt...

 I absolutely LOVE the colors of this fabric line.  I was skeptical at first, but let Kim pick her fabric.
I will admit that I am lazy when it comes to sewing on the trim.  On my first quilt, I sewed the trim on by hand, and decided - right then and there - that I am not patient enough to do that.  So I have been sewing the edges on my quilts using a long zigzag stitch.  I'm happy with that.
Since this quilt is large enough to put on her bed, I wanted to make matching pillow cases.
Of course!  They just add that finished touch!  Can't wait to see it on her bed!

5 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh that is such a great feeling to finish a quilt. I LOVE the colors and the pattern you used, Jean. Congratulations! I'm sure Kim is going to love it.

Katie said...

Where's mine??

tainted with a positive view said...

You are so bad. It is in my mind - I'm working on it.

Unknown said...

WOW! You do an amazing job with EVERYTHING you undertake. I bet Kimmy was ecstatic! Hang in there, Katie. I know your mom - she will have one for you soon!

Loretta said...

I've never seen anything like that quilting machine - I don't get out much - but it's awesome! The quilt is beautiful - I love the colors and patterns.