Thursday, August 14, 2014

My dad turned 90!

YES, 90!
So I recently spent a long weekend in Florida to help celebrate that big day.
Here's a glimpse of the day...
 Ya gotta have cake!
 This is my dad with his two younger sisters.  
One lives in Florida and the other in Maryland.
 At the end of the day, he opened his cards.
 This is something I picked up for him... I love you like butter on my grits.
So true.  I love butter on my grits - it doesn't get any better than that.
 The food line...
 There ended up being over 50 family members and friends - such a great day!
 This is my oldest sister, Susan, sitting next to Dad.
 Two more amazing people - my Aunt Mae and Uncle Raymond.
Guess how old they are?  97!! Both of them!!
They've been married something like 76 years.  I think they were both 21 when they got married.
 Of course, a time for family pictures.
These are the "cousins" on my dad's side (with my dad).
 This next one is my mother's side.
 Okay, I just had to throw this in.
We saw wild pigs on the side of the road - a mama and two babies.
We ooohed and aaaahed over them.
It was a nice weekend, but went way too fast.  
Happy Birthday, Dad!
90 years is an accomplishment.

No comments: