Monday, June 29, 2015

While shopping at Big Lots...

I was looking in the food area at cake mixes.  I really like Big Lots.  I buy my water there and they have such interesting food items.  I swear they are items that never made it in the big stores, who knows?  Anyway, a lady who I don't know, told me that you can take any cake mix and add 1 egg and 2 cups of whipped cream (like Cool Whip) and make cookies.  So, I thought "why not give it a whirl?"
 She also told me the Pink Lemonade cake mix was really good.
 The picture below are the cookies BEFORE they were baked.
 Below is a picture of them after they came out of the oven.  Not a big difference.
 I thought they looked like pink blobs, and needed something...
 So I made buttercream icing.
Yes, that's better.  I added lemon juice to the icing for tartness.
Since they are made from a cake mix, they kind of taste like cupcakes.
There is no extra fat (oil or butter) added, so you might consider 
them to be somewhat healthier.
Can cupcakes be considered healthy?  Sure.
These are not my favorite cookies, but in a pinch not bad.
Maybe it was the Pink Lemonade.  Kids would probably love them.

No comments: